Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Former Gospel Singer Katy (Hudson) Perry

This is a heart breaker. Once going by Katy Hudson, Former Gospel singer has done more then change her last name, but changed her convictions as well.
This song is top of the charts right now, and what your children are listening to.

Here are the Lyrics to "I Kissed A girl"

This was never the way I planned
Not my intentionI got so brave,
drink in handLost my discretion
It's not what, I'm used to
Just wanna try you on
I'm curious for youCaught my attention

I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chap stick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrongIt felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked itI liked it
No, I don't even know your name
It doesn't matter
You're my experimental game
Just human nature
It's not what, good girls do
Not how they should behave
My head gets so confused
Hard to obey

I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chap stick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrongIt felt so right

Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked itI liked it
Us girls we are so magical
Soft skin, red lips, so kissable
Hard to resist so touchableToo good to deny
itAin't no big deal, it's innocent
I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chap stick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrongIt felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked itI liked it


Now, I would like for you to read this excerpt from Christianity Today on her.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/reviews/2001/katyhudson.html
"Katy Hudson's debut easily could have been just another teen songwriter mimicking mainstream music trends with Christian lyrics. Instead, I hear a remarkable young talent emerging, a gifted songwriter in her own right who will almost certainly go far in this business. That name again is Katy Hudson. Trust me, you'll be hearing it more and more in the next year."

And read this one..
http://hismindandworldpeace.wordpress.com/2008/07/12/the-sad-story-of-katy-hudson-aka-perry/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sad to hear about another falling from the Lord. Just like I commented on Kid Rock, she knows the Lord, just needs to "refound the pieces".

Lyrics to the song, "Lost," allude to a spiritual searching:
"Have you ever been so lost
Known the way and still so lost ...
My mother says I should come back home but
Can't find the way cause the way is gone
So if I pray am I just sending words into outer space"

satan has a death grip on this child. I read another article on her just now and it seems it was a downward spiral for her. At 16 in 2001 she was signed on to a Christian Label, I'm sure being in any music industry in the new millenium has plenty of temptations, the label then folded, then she went in 2004 to become a vocalist for the production team, The Matrix, whose credits include Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears. Imagine the "hollywood" demons suckin her right in. By 2007 she signed with Capital Records and here she is.

I honestly as a Christian parent- feel like we need to be doing a lot more intercessory prayer for our young people in this nation. Unlike Kid Rock, it seems Katy has not been away from the Lord as long. Sometimes the longer we stay away, the harder it is. If her parents are in fact in ministry I am sure there is no shortage of prayer--Of course now becoming enlightend of the situation it is now my burden to pray for this young confused girl. Wouldn't it be great to win a soul back to the Lord and all the fans who have never heard of Katy Hudson will follow her back to Katy Perry. I had never heard of Katy Hudson. I have faith God will find a way to reach this generation somehow, I know through lyrics like "I kissed a girl" is not the way - Katy's mother, I am agreeing in prayer with you that she comes back home, finds the way and brings lots of friends with her.
Nothing is to out of reach, all things are possible or un-important to God, for the hairs upon our head are numbered.
I would never allow my children to listen to this song or any of Katy Perry's albums until she returns home.

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

If her Daddy taught her the word, she'll come back home.

Anonymous said...

I just listened to Katy Perry's mother, Mary Hudson, speak at my church in Kalamazoo,MI and she loves her daughter very much and, of course, is not pleased with her songs now, but knows that she will come back to the Lord, who she was raised with all of her life. In fact, the song, 'Hot and Cold" refers to a passage from the bible that says you are either hot for God or cold. This is something that Katy grew up hearing from her parents when they were teaching her the word of the Lord. It won't be long, Katy will be on fire for God once again and still singing, but this time singing for God!!!!!!!!!