Thursday, October 30, 2008

God is on the throne

I do believe that we will all agree that we are flesh, and we are weak.

Since Aug. of this year my family has been going thru trials right and left. In Aug. my littlest brother had been told he had a spot on his lung. They said it was cancer. They run him thru the EKG's, lung compacity test, stress test, did a biopsy on his lung and lots of blood work. Now mind you, in 1992 our mother had been diagnosed with cervical cancer. She had all the tests to prove that she had cancer. God provided. The EKG's for my brother came back as ok except he found out that that he only had 2 valves ( or something like that when everyone else has 3) He was born without one of them. His lung compacity, stress test all came back great. The blood work came back ok. All they had was the spot on the xrays. Even the biopsy came back as "NO RESULTS". Anyways, thru this whole thing I knew that I knew that he didn't have cancer. They removed the lower half of his left lung and when the pathology report came back, the answer? An infection. Bingo, God on the move. He showed up and showed off.

Now, in Sept. My husband got sick with a common cold and 24 hrs. later he started complaining of a headache and double vision. At first I thought, like most wives that he was kind of blowing it all out of preportion just like most men do, so I let it go until Monday. Our son took him to the ER and they run all kinds of tests on him. They even ran a CT-Scan on his head. Came back with a tumor in his pituitary gland. Our son works with a man that my husband knows and he came up to our son and said, " I don't know why I have to tell you this but God said to tell you, the devil is a loser, and everything will be alright". I took it and accepted it. The dr. said he was shipping us off by ambulance 100 miles away and since I don't like to travel I kind of got upset over it. Still knowing that God is on the throne. My brother came and took me home and sat with me for a while and I witnessed to him stating that when our mom had cancer, I failed badly, when the dr. told us my brother had cancer, I did just fine. Now it is in my own house. I cried and told him that I was going to get thru this the first time so I didn't have to go thru it again, or at least this partiular trial. I wrote to my best friend on line and was telling her about this whole thing and then told her about what our son's co-worker had told him. All of a sudden, 5 words hit me like a brick. "The devil is a loser". Those 5 words my best friend and I say almost every day. We truly believe them. I started laughing and crying at the same time. God knew what 5 words to use to get my attention. I was fine from then on.

The next day we left for Texas and then the following day my husband had his surgery. They got it all. Praise the Lord. I knew they would because I trust in the Lord. He had NO swelling, NO brusing, NO pain, NO anything. Never had any pain medication at all. Praise the Lord. We came home 3 days later. Through this whole thing I never doubted God and his wisdom. We have had a few problems since this but no big deal.

All of sudden today, I get some news about finances and wham, the devil had a foot hold and I got upset. Not too bad but enough to get me upset a little. Anyways, feeling sorry for myself, wishing I had someone to talk to, all of a sudden my best friend pops up online. Let me tell ya, this girl has a knack of setting you straight and using the precious Word of God to do it. I was making a comment about money and how come the rich don't have these kinds of problems. LOL She throws this scripture at me;
"Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:" Rev. 3:17
Then she tells me that if we have no needs, we won't need God. Let me tell you, I need God in every part of my life. She then tells me to close my eyes and and say " I am a duck" of course I laughed but did as she requested. Then she tells me to think of it raining. As it is raining on the duck, the water just runs off of its back. ( from book written by Karen Scalf Linamen) Never stopping to soak in. Well, I started feeling better and then she tells me that that is the way we should be when we have problems. Let them roll off of our backs like water off of a ducks back.

Good advice. Read the Word of God, stay in the Word and never give the devil footholds in your lives. He will use it to his advantage. We are not the devils property, we belong to God and was bought with a price. I Cor. 6:20

Always remember where your help comes from. God will never put more on you that you are able to bear. I Cor. 10:13

God loves each and every one of you and promises to take care of you.

I know for a fact that he is taking care of me.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13


But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19

2 comments:

Day to Day Life said...

Now you done made me cry.. But always remember "BE THE DUCK!" And run to the Word of God.. After all..it is the LIVING WORD OF GOD! God and His Word Never changes..even when we do..
Love Ya Girl!

hisway said...

I enjoyed this blog because it showed the power of God even when we are weak. When the children of Israel were at the end of their wanderings and about to cross over the Jordan into the promise land God told Joshua to have one from each tribe carry stones over the Jordan to the other side. These were not little stones but large stones probably weighing in around 40 - 50 lbs. After they had crossed Joshua also took stones and built an altar unto God in the middle of the Jordan. When they finally reached Gilgal (which was 50 miles away Joshua had the men bring their stones and built an altar to remind them of when they crossed over the Jordan, these stones would serve as a reminder of all that God had done for them for generations. In the New Testament a father sought out Jesus to heal his daughter. When he approached Him Jesus said O ye of little faith ye always seek a sign, as the father repented he again implored the Savior to heal his daughter. As the man approached home his servant came running to him and said your daughter is healed. The father asked at what time was she healed and as the servant told him he realized that it was the exact time the Savior had told him she was healed. You see the time was his stone. The exact moment Christ told him was the stone this father carried with him as a reminder of God's awesome power. The power Christ had, not only to heal in person but to be able to heal with mere words while in another city or from heaven. These moments that you have been given are the stones that you will now carry to serve as reminders of His power and glory to pull out and show what God has done in your family and to remind you that when everything seems against you, you pull out these stones and say look at what he has already done can I really expect anything less. Thank you for the wonderful blog